Dots in filenames and automatic file extension completion

Mirosław Zalewski miniopl at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Aug 2 11:53:15 BST 2012

On 02/08/2012 at 05:35, "dE ." <de.techno at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually this's a very small bug. You can just type the name with the
> extension to solve the problem.
>
> And considering this minor nature, this wont be fixed by the LO team for
> years (cause they've much bigger bugs to take care of).

Sorry, but I don't see your point here.
What's the difference if this is minor or huge bug? Bug is a bug, developers
should be aware of it. Since they prioritize bug reports, they will not act
upon each bug immediately, but they should at least know where their software
has rough edges.
And personally, I would rather see this fixed in few years than never.

By the way, as you can see in LO bug tracker (link is in one of previous
posts), they actually did commit change that is supposed to fix that (I did not
had opportunity to see if this fix really works).
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski