Global change to kontact shortcut.

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Mon Apr 2 18:45:04 BST 2012

On Wednesday 28 March 2012 03:58:53 am Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2012-03-27, John McMonagle wrote:
> > Running kde  4.4 debian squeeze.
> >
> > Setting up for use with ltsp.
> > In the mail part of kontact if you press f5 to check for mail  in a
> > folder it reports that f5 is ambiguous.
> > This can be fixed by Settings -> Configure Shortcuts
> > Removing the F5 Shortcut under "Check Mail in this Folder".
> >
> > I can't seem to figure out what what changed so I can put it in our
> > profiles. What do I need to change  so it affects all users?
>
> First you need to find out which file this was saved to, my guess would be
> either kmailrc or kontactrc
>
> Look for a section labelled [Shortcuts]
>
> Then you can create such a section in a more global version of the same
> file if you already have existing accounts or into /etc/skel if you
> haven't.
>
> More global meaning inside a directory after the user's home directory in
> the output of
>
> kde4-config --path config
>
> You can add paths to this list by setting the KDEDIRS environment variable
> (ensure that it is set before the user's session runs startkde).
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin
Thanks Kevin and Duncan.
Finally back to it.
When I change the shortcut there is no change to kmailrc or kontactrc when
changing the shortcut.

I did a search for changed file starting at ~ and did not seen any file with a
[Shortcut] section changed.

The top prospect is .kde/share/apps/kontact/local-kmail.rc
Looks like config for menus.
I think this is it after removing shourtcut:
   <Separator/>
   <Action name="refresh_folder"/>
   <Separator/>

Anyone know if that it it?

If so as it's not in config will need to be more creative.

John