Clear KDE

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 09:00:09 BST 2012

On 01/04/12 00:26, Duncan wrote:
> Nikos Chantziaras posted on Sat, 31 Mar 2012 14:19:00 +0300 as excerpted:
>
>> On 31/03/12 13:07, Duncan wrote:
>>> Nikos Chantziaras posted on Sat, 31 Mar 2012 12:16:06 +0300 as
>>> excerpted:

>>> Thanks!  I had seen the package mentioned, but FWIW I wasn't clear on
>>> what oxygen bits it ported, etc.  Your clarification that it's oxygen
>>> widgets helps quite a bit there.  (I run oxygen widget-styles but not
>>> window trim
>>
>> Btw, what's "window trim?"
>
> Window decorations, in kde settings (under workspace appearance).

OK, that's not part of the Oxygen style.  As I'm sure you have noticed,
KWin uses the same window decorations for all windows. regardless of
whether the application that runs in those windows are Gtk, Qt, Motif,
or Windows apps running in Wine.

> There's an oxygen choice there, altho I've been using the kde2 choice.

Note that the "look & feel" of Qt/KDE apps is defined by the widget
style, which is what got ported to Gtk.  It is not affected by the
plasma theme or window decorations for the same reason it's not affected
by the wallpaper you chose.