plasmoidviewer comic: remember config

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Sep 28 16:50:59 BST 2011

Panard posted on Wed, 28 Sep 2011 14:44:11 +0200 as excerpted:

> I'm wondering if it is possible to restore the previous setting of the
> comic applet when viewing it with plasmoidviewer.
>
> Indeed, if I run :
> $ plasmoidviewer comic I can select several comics to display. Great.
> But if I quit and I restart the same command, it seems that my selection
> has been forgotten and I have to select my comics again.
>
> Is there any trick to force plasmoidviewer to restore my previous comic
> session ?

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but there's actually two different
but somewhat similar commands, plasmoidviewer and plasma-windowed.  It
seems plasmoidviewer is actually a bit more advanced (see its --help
output when run in konsole), but I'd experiment with both.  I'd also
experiment with the containments, etc.  It may be that the comic plasmoid
doesn't save its config unless it thinks it's in a proper containment.

Both commands appear to take applet arguments, according to their help
output.  However, I don't know that I've ever actually seen plasmoid
arguments documented, and have little idea where to look, except at kde-
look/kde-apps where appropriate, or in the applet package and/or sources
themselves.