Dolphin file copy question

James Colby jcolby at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 19:23:11 BST 2011

List Members -

I am trying to use dolphin to copy a rather large directory (approx. 22 Gb.
2000 files, 500 directories) from my laptop to a server using the fish://
protocol.  When I first attempted the copy it ran for a few hours and then
died due to a network disconnect.  Now when I try to do the copy again, I am
getting an error saying that the directory already exists, which is true, as
it looks like dolphin created the directory structure first, and then
starting copying the files.  Does anyone know of a way to resume this copy
or is it possible to tell dolphin to just skip files and directories that
already exist at the destination?  If this is not possible with dolphin does
anyone have a suggestion as to a better way to do this copy?  I am assuming
that it will take me a few tries to get all the data copied as my network
connection is not 100% reliable.

O/S:  Gentoo Linux
KDE:  4.7.1, compiled from source
Dolphin: 1.7