Kate sometimes folding two functions into one.

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Sep 13 23:15:38 BST 2011

Kishore Jonnalagadda posted on Wed, 14 Sep 2011 00:33:18 +0530 as
excerpted:

> On Sep 13, 2011 7:29 PM, "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It seems that when I fold some functions in Kate that the function
>> following it is also folded. For instance, in PHP:
>>
>> function doSomething ($beer) {
>>    drink($beer);
>> }
>>
>> function somethingElse () {
>>    echo "Something else!";
>> }
>>

>> Now when I click the arrow to fold doSomething(), both doSomething()
>> and somethingElse() are folded, and I have no indication at all that
>> somethingElse() exists. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix? I'm on
>> KDE 4.7 on Kubuntu.
>
> I have seen this happen in c++ code as well. I don't know if it will be
> fixed but there is a major rework effort in code folding for 4.8.

I somewhat irregularly read the kde commit digests (which appear in kde's
"The Dot" feed, to which I'm subscribed) and can confirm folding fix
commits from that.  So it's definitely a known issue, with at least some
fixes slated for kde 4.8 at the latest (IDK whether they're backported to
4.7 branch or not).