proxy settings

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Sep 9 16:58:53 BST 2011

Hi,

On Friday, 2011-09-09, Osvaldo Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Googling kioslaverc I found that there is a command to read from that file,
> in order to extract the http proxy settings I should use this command:
>
> "kreadconfig --file kioslaverc --group Proxy\ Settings --key httpproxy"
>
> this will return the http host and the port, If the user is ussing and
> authentication proxy conecction it will give also the username and
> password?

I guess so.

> It this command available by default or require the installation some extra
> package?

Yes, kreadconfig is part of all KDE installations.
However it only returns a value from a config file, it does not interpret the
config.
For example the attached config is my own, but proxy is disabled (I guess
ProxyType=0 means disabled).

If you need more information on KDE proxy handling I suggest you ask on the
kde-core-devel mailing list.

Cheers,
Kevin