Media item in Go menu

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Sat Oct 22 12:31:54 BST 2011

On Saturday 22 Oct 2011 08:11 my mailbox was graced by a message from Anne
Wilson who wrote:
> > In KDE 4.6.5 that came with Mageia 1, there is one thing I miss
> > from earlier versions: the (Removable) Media item in the Go menu
> > in Konqueror.
> > Seems a regression to me; was it an oversight, like the
> > disparition of the Find Files item in Tools ?
> > Or was it removed for some sound reason ?

> Konqueror is no longer the default file manager.  However, if, when the
> notification arrives, you select "Open with file manager" a link is
> displayed in the Places listing of both Dolphin and Konqueror.

I do not have a notification; I am in Konqueror, have plugged my pen drive in,
split the screen right-left, and now want to go to /media/kingston

I could do this whith Go => Media, and can no longer do it; Why ?

Is that another case, like dropping the Find File from Tools, to make
Konqueror less and less usable, to force users to move to Dolphin ?
A case of "We are KDE of Borg, you will be assimilated" ?

<RANT>It pains me to see parts of Linux getting more and more Miscrsoft-like
in the way users are treated </RANT>

Cheers,

Ron.

PS I like Konqueror, do not like Dolphin...
--
                      Why is it that to stop Windows 98,
                        you have to click on "Start" ?