Can I change the icons in the panel system tray ?

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Sun Oct 2 22:45:55 BST 2011

On Sat, 2011-10-01 at 11:36 +0000, Duncan wrote:
> Are you talking about the old multi-color icons, or the newer
> monocolor-&-clear icons?

Yeah, monocolor-&-clear icons, in my opinion are ugly, I can't identify
klipper fast as I want .

> The older ones are traditional application system tray icons, while
> the
> newer monocolor ones signify kde infrastructure-based services, thus
> contrasting with traditional applications.

Yes I want back my older, traditional and colored application system
tray icons.

> I'll assume you're talking about the newer monocolor services icons.
> Given that these are actually placed in-tray by kde's systray
> plasmoid
> itself, they are by definition a part of plasma.  As such, it's the
> desktop (plasma being that desktop) theme that defines this and most
> of
> the other color/transparency/etc elements of the desktop, including
> not
> only the system tray but the panels, plasmoid backgrounds and artwork
> (like the analog clock artwork), etc.
>
> The configuration for that is found in kde settings, workspace
> appearance
> and behavior, workspace appearance, desktop theme.  Note that if you
> don't like the available pre-packaged choices, you can download more
> from
> kde-look.org.  The get new themes button does that, but browsing kde-
> look.org directly makes it easier to browse the whole list.

Change all theme seems a bad option.

I change every upgrade of kde klipper icon from kde 3.5

cat restore_old_klipper_icon.sh
cp /home/sergio/tmp2/3.5s/klipper.svgz /usr/share/kde4/apps/desktoptheme/default/icons/klipper.svgz

I see now that icons are in
/usr/share/kde4/apps/desktoptheme/default/icons but don't have
replacement for wallet , battery etc .

Thanks,
--
Sérgio M. B.