Can I change the icon of an application?

Dun Peal dunpealer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 03:23:22 BST 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 7:03 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> wrote:

Thanks a lot, Duncan. My goal is exactly what you describe in usecase
#2. I followed your instructions, but unfortunately they did not quite
accomplish it.

By copy-pasting the Konsole item in kmenuedit, I create a new item
"Konsole-2". I then clicked on its icon, and changed it from the black
miniature terminal to a new icon. I then saved and exited kmenuedit.

In Kickstart, "Konsole-2" now appears under the "System" sub-menu,
with the new icon. When I click to launch it, the new icon bounces
next to my mouse cursor as its being launched. However, once it's
fully launched, the icon in the bottom panel (i.e. the "task bar") is
the same old black miniature terminal. In the task switcher
(<Alt>-<Tab>) the old icon reigns supreme, too. In fact I didn't see
that the new icon took hold anywhere, except in the launcher and
during initial execution.

Is there anything I forgot to do?

Thanks, D.