Kmail2/Akonadi issue on FreeBSD.

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Nov 29 21:38:02 GMT 2011

On Tuesday, November 29, 2011 04:18:22 PM Tami King did opine:

> On 11/29/11 14:11, J wrote:
> > gene heskett
> >
> >> On Tuesday, November 29, 2011 02:43:56 PM J did opine:
> >>
> >> Claws apparently does only mailfile operations, whereas I have 3/4ths
> >> of the kmail "cur" subdirs as maildirs.
> >>
> >> I was thinking that I could maybe do a "cpa cur/* /var/mail/gene" and
> >> then have claws read it just as if it was incoming mail.
> >>
> >> Would that, or a similar idea work?
> >
> > To convert a Maildir you either need to convert the mail files into
> > mbox format (I don't recommend this, the scripts I tried were almost
> > as bad as kMail2) or put in a temporary install of an IMAP server and
> > rename Folder to .Folder within the Maildir to get the imap server to
> > see them.
>
> You can convert Maildir to mbox using mutt.  I have been doing that as
> needed since moving from Kmail.
>
> mutt -f CMC/ -e 'set mbox_type=mbox; set confirmcreate=no; set
>
> That reads messages in the Maildir directory CMC and saves them to an
> mbox file called archive.  You can then move archive to where ever it
> needs to be for your new email client.
>
> Tami

So the CMC/ string is a dir currently cd'd to the parent of, and it
generates the archive file in mbox format in this 'parent' aka $pwd
directory?

Neat, and 30 megs of mutt is being installed now.  Time to test. I don't
fully understand how some of the quoted stuff works, but here goes, I am
cd'd into the ~/Mail/alsa-user directory, giving it the argument "cur/" in
place of the CMC/.

2 errors as follows:
gene at coyote alsa-user]$ mutt -f cur/ -e 'set mbox_type=mbox; set
cur/ is not a mailbox.

So I cd into cur, where an ls shows several hundred files, and get a "cur/"
no such directory error.  Also for ./cur/, and ./cur/* actually opens mutt
to compose a message.  Not exactly what I wanted. :)

Call me confused, or an oldtimer (which I am at 77), but did I do it wrong?
Running as the user me obviously.

Obviously Tami I don't have the complete idea grokked.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
In war, truth is the first casualty.
		-- U Thant