Konsole fonts: just a jump o the left

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Nov 17 18:41:17 GMT 2011

Felix Miata posted on Thu, 17 Nov 2011 11:18:18 -0500 as excerpted:

> This is what sometimes happen when I don't get enough sleep, a recurring
> problem for me. I see Duncan and Dotan in a thread and don't realize I'm
> seeing two different people until after more sleep or a post like yours.
> :-(

I don't know if I've seen that symptom, but I've seen others.  The most
dangerous one, that I've learned to recognize now, and force myself to
more sleep when I see it happening, is "the paranoids", where it
illogically seems just ordinary events are suddenly conspiring against
you.  I don't even drink let alone do illegal drugs, but I've known meth
heads, and have decided that the paranoia side effect meth is famous for
is very likely due simply to the extreme lack of sleep, not a direct side
effect on its own.

The most amusing/frustrating effect is when it's impossible to tell when
an event actually happened or whether it was a dream.  I've had a couple
times when I caught myself treating what was evidently a dream as fact...
until some other fact seriously conflicted and I had to logically
reconstruct reality and decide the other one must have been a dream.