What is hijacking Konsole?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Nov 1 08:33:00 GMT 2011

Dotan Cohen posted on Tue, 01 Nov 2011 01:00:28 +0200 as excerpted:

>> Chalk that suggestion up to specific experience.  That's why I was so
>> specific with the LO/OOo example, as someone posted a problem not long
>> ago that turned out to be exactly that, a broken LO/OOo association and
>> the rather strange and unexpected behavior that resulted!  As I don't
>> have it installed that would have been pretty far down my list of
>> possibilities and it was fortunate coincidence that connection was
>> found.  But once found, it definitely got put on my list of
>> possibilities to check for, as this clearly demonstrates. =:^)
>>
> Are you referring to the Rekonq crasher?

IDR the details.  Possibly but I don't remember it being a crasher.  I
just remember the two takeaways, the general one being to check file
associations when something unexpected starts popping up for some unknown
reason; the specific one being that LO/OOo in particular now has a known
history of such strange behavior when its associations get broken.

But unless I'm mixing up threads, I do seem to remember that it was pdf
files on the web, I believe triggering OOo to open, instead of the usual
app, okular or whatever.  But the memory there is fuzzy enough I'd not
rely on it.  I think it's an accurate enough memory in general, but I'm
not sure if I'm conflating two different reported issues or not; I very
well could be.