How do I remove the "new activity" item from the desktop?

John Woodhouse a_johnlonger at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 11:51:59 BST 2011

Duncan are you effectively saying that everybody may be forced to use this
cashew at some point? Sounds a bit odd as it's a sort of localised right click
on the desktop - and yet more mouse miles as a result over those already
judiciously added by 4. On the there hand is does reduce 2 actions to 1. Show
desktop - right click becomes on click but show desktop is needed for other
reason in most peoples cases.

There has been some strange moves all over in recent years removing things from
the desktop, tucking documents and of course video's in  a sub directory. Easily
fixed fortunately by creating links to them on the desktop. My windoze lap top's
desktop is absolutely plastered as a result I just can't be bothered to navigate
to them. Frankly what it boils down to is I can't see the point in having a
largely empty screen. Many many others can't either.

John