Info request on menu's recently used list

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun May 15 02:21:13 BST 2011

On Saturday, May 14, 2011 09:17:52 PM Duncan did opine:

> gene heskett posted on Sat, 14 May 2011 15:59:38 -0400 as excerpted:
> > (other than something is stealing the first few F keys from mc,
> > forcing me to use the mouse.  That sound?  Its the sound of my
> > favorite ox being gored.  In the future, whatever keys mc asks for
> > should be granted provided it has focus.
>
> That one... Here, I've gotten the "unshifted" set of fX to work in mc,
> so I can
> save(or-user-menu)/view/edit/copy/move/mkdir(find)/delete/menu-
> activate/quit, but the "shifted" set don't reliably work.  So for
> instance, I have to repeatedly hit the f7/find and then enter keys,
> instead of being able to hit shift-f7 for find-again.
>
> But I'm sort of used to the shifted row not functioning properly in
> konsole...  It was that way a lot of the time in kde3 as well,
> unfortunately.
>
> Maybe one of these days I'll backup both the konsole and mc configs so I
> won't lose the functionality I have, and try some serious experimenting
> to try to get it all working properly.  Either that, or see if there's
> some mc list/forum I can ask on.

If by chance, you find that magic twanger, please fwd the details, then
print a copy or 20 and wrap them around suitable LART sized rocks to be
lobbed in the general direction of whomever _thinks_ they are in charge of
such.  Gotta have target practice if one wants to stay proficient...

;-)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)