kover question

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun May 1 11:11:19 BST 2011

On Sunday, May 01, 2011 06:01:52 AM Anne Wilson did opine:

> On Saturday, April 30, 2011 07:43:15 PM gene heskett wrote:
> > Greetings;
> >
> > I just tried to use kover to generate an insert for a wedding dvd, and
> > so far I've embedded the image to use, a .jpg saved from the kino
> > snapshot function, and the title text to show over the image, but
> > printing is not working.  Most of the time it send the job to cups
> > where it hangs forever, so I kill the job & restart cupsd.  The one
> > time it printed, it printed the whole page dead black, soaking ink
> > plumb through the 24 lb paper.  At $30 and change per tank of ink,
> > that was disappointing to say the least.
> >
> > Is this a known problem with Kover, and if so, is there another
> > WYSIWYG insert composer that does work?
> >
> > Thanks all.
>
> I use Scribus.  There are templates available on-line, including a dvd
> cover template.
>
> Anne

The next attempt to print was sent to CUPS-pdf so I could preview it.
Okular said it was good, and it does print ok once the page orientation was
fixed.  NDI what happened when I tried to print direct.  I don't think that
paper is dry yet!  And now of course the printer is requesting more ink,
magenta is low, but should have enough to do this.

Poor photography on my part, in trying to setup out of the crowds way, I
only got very fleeting glances at the stars of the show.  OTOH, no one else
was making a movie of it, so I have an 'exclusive'. ;-)

Thanks Anne
--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)