Kfind options

John Woodhouse a_johnlonger at yahoo.com
Sun May 1 11:05:56 BST 2011

I often use kfind to look for specific things in logs and system files in
general. There is one painful aspect of that, I search from root and don't
really want to include the home directory which normally contains rather a lot
of files.

Are there any qualifiers on the search path. The help file isn't much use in
this respect. I even had to guess the ; separator that can be used to list a
number of file patterns.

I also smell some bugs in this area but will come back to them later. *log*
bought up some files that a more restricted search should have bought up but
didn't.

John
Opensuse 11.4 kde 4.6.0-6