2 kmail questions

Daniel Barna daniel.barna at cern.ch
Wed Mar 9 22:18:13 GMT 2011

Hi,
I have a question and a feature request concerning kmail:

- I want to send a temprary file attached to an email, from a script, and then
remove the temprary file:
kmail --composer --attach tmpfile
rm -f tmpfile
The problem with this is that kmail returns immediately, so the tmpfile is
removed immediately, before the actual composer window could attach the file
and send it. Is there a solution for this?

- It would be nice, if kmail could expand recipient groups, so that the actual
list of recipients is shown. For example if I want to arrange a surprise
birthday party for Joe, who is in the contact group 'myfriends', then I want
to send an email to everybody from this group but Joe. I.e. specify
'myfriends' as the recipient, expand the group, and remove Joe from the
recipient list.

Qt: 4.7.0
KDE Development Platform: 4.5.1 (KDE 4.5.1)
KMail: 1.13.5