How to set up Menu items such that if an instance is already running, the running instance is brought to the foreground?

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Sun Mar 6 17:35:38 GMT 2011

Dotan Cohen writes:

> That's actually not a bad idea! I already run a fix-kde script when
> they log into to reset the damage that they've done to the panel the
> last time:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> kbuildsycoca4
> kquitapp plasma-desktop
> cp $HOME/.bin/kde-fix/plasma-desktoprc $HOME/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktoprc
> cp $HOME/.bin/kde-fix/plasma-desktop-appletsrc
> $HOME/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc
> kstart plasma-desktop

Nice, I will use that, too. Until now I copied the files manually from
by backup when logged out. Plasma gets corrupted fairly often here, the
plasma stuff appears on the wrong desktops, or plasmoids are missing. I
also make a backup of .kde4 before I dare to save the session, because
this also often corrupts the session.

	Wonko