kwin performance gets worse and worse with every release

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Wed Jun 29 12:44:33 BST 2011

I just installed KDE RC1.  The trend of kwin becoming slower and slower
continues with this release.  I remember KDE 4.3 (or maybe 4.2) where
kwin was fast and nice.  After every release, it would become slower.
It reached a negative peak with 4.6.  Now with 4.7 RC1, kwin has become
even more slow.  It's extremely annoying to use.

What is happening to kwin?  It's becoming the definition of "sluggish
GUI".  Out of every window manager I have tried, kwin is now the slowest
of them all.