PKG_CONFIG_PATH question

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 13:48:11 BST 2011

I am trying to 'configure' polkit, but I am getting:

  configure: error: Package requirements (gio-2.0 >= 2.28.0) were not met:

  No package 'gio-2.0' found

I have configured glib with --prefix=/home/ddoria/bin and then 'make'
and 'make install'.

I have these in my .bashrc:
export PATH=$PATH:/home/ddoria/bin/
export PATH=$PATH:/home/ddoria/bin/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/ddoria/bin/lib
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/home/ddoria/bin/lib:/home/ddoria/bin/

The libgio that it is looking for indeed exists where it should:
/home/ddoria/bin/lib$ ls
gio
glib-2.0
libgio-2.0.la