Konsole: split view show the same screen twice

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 16 10:53:58 BST 2011

On Thursday 16 Jun 2011 10:17:47 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> In Konsole one can split the view. On KDE 4.5 and 4.6 spliting the
> view shows the same view twice, one cannot have two separate terminal
> windows in split view. Or am I doing it wrong?

When you open the split it defaults to the window you were viewing, but
nothing stops you from viewing any other directory.  However, the terminal
displayed should open in the directory of the pane that is active at the time
- so yes, you can have two separate terminals, but you can only view one at a
time.

Anne