Weird issue with background covering almost all windows

Sat Jun 11 16:24:53 BST 2011

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 03:28, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> wrote:
> bisecting

I am well aware of how this works, but even if I didn't, there would
not have been any way to look up the mail you were referencing as you
explained it very nicely, anyway. Kudos to you :)

> But we can probably speed the process even further, as from your
> description, the problem is very likely kwin or plasma related.  So after
> getting your backup, try deleting just the kwin files under both of the
> dirs above, and see if that cures the problem.  If not, try the plasma
> files, but I'm suspecting kwin so try it first.

I was plasma's fault. For now, I am more than happy with deleted
plasma settings, but if anyone is interested in the config files to
they can poke them, I will gladly send them on.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Richard