Weird issue with background covering almost all windows

Fri Jun 10 22:26:13 BST 2011

Hi all,

recently, I switched from a dual-monitor setup to a single-monitor setup.

Ever since then, the background, i.e. the wallpaper, is displayed
above all application windows. If I alt-tab, the outlines of the
windows are displayed, but that's it.

The only windows that are displayed above the background:
* alt-tab overview of applications
* kwallet's password prompt
* the lougout window I access with ctrl-alt-del
* system activity (i.e. ctrl-esc)

If I create a new user, there is no problem.

As I put a lot of effort into customizing KDE to my needs and as there
are several Konqueror instances I need the data from, I would like to
avoid deleting ~/.kde.

Did anyone ever experience this? Does anyone have any idea how to debug this?

If you need any information, just tell me.

Any and all help appreciated as my user is de facto useless, atm.

Thanks,
Richard