[kde3] 11.4 - KControl is empty

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 1 19:54:38 BST 2011

On 2011/06/01 22:37 (GMT+0400) Ilya composed:

>>  I asked before I knew that a package (kdebase3-SUSE) that apparently should
>>  have been installed as a dependency of what I specifically asked zypper to
>>  install was required but not installed.

>>  >  kdebase3-SUSE includes SUSE-specific settings.

>>  I don't expect SUSE-specific settings to be prerequisite to KDE function.
>>  Should not KControl always be populated with something, regardless whether
>>  any SUSE-specifics are installed or not?

> kcontrol was broken in a SUSE-specific package desktop-data-openSUSE.

Looks to me more like KControl was broken by depending on
desktop-data-openSUSE, since the latter was not installed and KControl had
nothing populating the selection pane. Where does the data to populate
KControl come from in pure, unadulterated KDE3?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/