Okular does not print

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Jul 16 21:54:32 BST 2011

On Saturday, July 16, 2011 04:51:00 PM John Layt did opine:

> On Saturday 09 July 2011 10:24:59 BasaBuru wrote:
> > hello:
> >
> > I don't now why the okular does not print.
> >
> > When put for print okular not send anything to the printer.
>
> I assume you are printing a PDF file, and that printing from other
> programs does work?  Okular cheats with PDF's, calling the lpr command
> to print, which sometimes causes issues.  On Debian make sure you have
> the cups-lpr package (name may be slightly different) installed for
> best results.
>
> If you run Okular from the command line then try printing, you should
> see the output from the lpr command and any error messages.
> Copy-and-paste the command oud output here and I'll try figure outwhat
> is wrong.

Hijacking a thread here, but it sure needs help.  When okular is set to
auto-scale, it sends to a US letter printer about 9" wide, so the right
hand inch is missing. Whomever decided it should be FF's default pdf reader
needs a very close examination of their thinker.  Adobe reader Just
Works(TM).

> Cheers!
>
> John.

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
America has been discovered before, but it has always been hushed up.
- Oscar Wilde