Calendar widget broken in 4.7?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Jul 13 19:54:19 BST 2011

Duncan posted on Wed, 13 Jul 2011 18:36:13 +0000 as excerpted:

> Oh, just figured it out!  It IS a feature (and it's not the whole month
> after all)!  It only shows dates *AFTER* the currently selected day, the
> current day of the month if you haven't clicked any.  And in the US,
> there's nothing after July 4 in July.  Adding Argentina, I get one on
> the 20th, so it's shown, but no others, unless I click something early
> enough in the month to show July 4 (US) and July 9 (Argentina).

> Anyway, that there happened to be no holidays displayed for the US after
> the 13th is why it appeared blank, here.  Had there been, I'd have seen
> them and could have told you what the functionality of the right side
> was.
>
> Incremental discovery...

... And another increment.

It apparently has a limit to the number of holidays that will be shown.
So if you enable a whole bunch of regions, it'll normally only show the
selected day or perhaps a day or two ahead, until there's like three
listings, then it won't list any more days.

Too bad.  I had the idea to enable nearly all of them so I could learn
about the holidays of different cultures (at least for the Latin/Roman
Alphabet, Russian and Chinese look really cool, but don't help me know
what to wikisearch/google, but for instance Spanish and French are at
least searchable since they're Latin alphabet), getting them in one big
scrolling list.  But it just cuts down on the number of days displayed,
then.  (Tho I /think//hope/ it'd display all holidays for the currently
selected day, at least, even if there's like 20 of them.)