lost Desktop

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Wed Jul 13 19:10:22 BST 2011

Jerome Yuzyk writes:

> Yesterday I inadvertently moved my Desktop to the Panel.

Uh, um, how did you do _that_?

> In trying to move it back, Plasma went into a spin so I killed and
> restarted it. Now how do I get it back?

Do you by any chance have a backup of your
.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc file? I guess restoring that
would do the trick. Or maybe removing it, although you'd have to
configure your desktop again.

I back up this stuff regularly, and always before I save the desktop
session, as I had all sorts of trouble in the past.

        Wonko