A beginning programmer

Steven Friedrich FreeBSD at insightbb.com
Mon Jul 11 00:18:27 BST 2011

Sorry, I just can't stop thinking of other ideas... 8o)

Since you mentioned Python, under Linux and BSDs, with KDE we had something
called Superkaramba that allowed little apps on our desktops, but it has been
taken over and expanded by the KDE team.  It is now called Plasma widgets and
you can see many of them if you install KDE, because there are already many
already freely available and easy to install.  An example is a weather
forecast widget that shows you the current temperature, the next five days,
etc.  There is also several verions of Sticky Notes, similiar to 3M Post-It
Notes.  Too cool.

You can learn how to create plasma apps easily, because they have tutorials on
the KDE web site.

All for FREE.  8o)