Okular does not print

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sat Jul 9 14:12:51 BST 2011

BasaBuru posted on Sat, 09 Jul 2011 11:24:59 +0200 as excerpted:

> I don't now why the okular does not print.
>
> When put for print okular not send anything to the printer.
>
> I have:
>
> Debian GNU/Linux Whezee kde-runtime 4:4.6.4-1 okular 4:4.6.3-1
>
> could be because I have mixed versions
>
> debian kde 4.6.4 wheeze is not complete yet

I don't have a printer ATM, so no help there, but...

The 4.x.y releases are supposed to be bugfix-only (within the same x),
and both api and abi compatible, so there shouldn't be a big problem with
that.  However, if your distro is building the new version with a
different gcc or against different base libraries (or different cups
versions), that could well explain it.

It could also simply be that kde4 still has some rough edges in the area
of printing (from what I've read).

But at least from upstream kde, it'd be somewhat unusual for there to be
a problem mixing 4.6.3 and 4.6.4 versions.  Not impossible (bugs do
happen), but unlikely.  I'd be rather surprised if that were the cause.