kde-4.5.5: partially lost fn keys on a wireless keyboard, right click only works on workspace 1

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Jan 23 19:20:45 GMT 2011

On Sunday, January 23, 2011 01:58:08 pm Duncan did opine:

> gene heskett posted on Sun, 23 Jan 2011 09:27:14 -0500 as excerpted:
> > This latter problem has been fixed, by cycling the workspace
> > appearance to netbook, and back again to desktop, and now all windows
> > have a cashew, and their former background settings restored.
>
> Good.  I was hoping we wouldn't have to go into the "plasma doesn't see
> them at all" mode.  My simple solution didn't work as that was the case,
> but you figured out another way to trigger plasma to see them all, so,
> good. =:^)

Except that all screens are now sharing the same background image, but IIRC
there is/was a place to switch that on/off, I just haven't found it yet.
Ahh, yes, found it, but it also switches off the taskbar at the bottom of
the screen. WTH?

That comes under the category of idle time and I am preparing to hit the
road for about 2 weeks to check on a tv transmitter that isn't transmitting
in a small town in upstate MI.  About 1k miles one way up into even colder
country.

> At least that one might have been OK on the "different user" trial, too.
> Hopefully the other one ends up similarly easy to fix. =:^/

Well, I was sorta hoping there was a .konsolerc file someplace I could nuke
& reboot so it would be refilled by defaults.  Is there?  But first,
quadruple check every use of inotifywait is followed by 2>&1 >/dev/null as
I am convinced this first problem is related to that.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)