kde-4.5.5: partially lost fn keys on a wireless keyboard, right click only works on workspace 1

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Jan 23 14:16:10 GMT 2011

On Sunday, January 23, 2011 09:12:48 am Duncan did opine:

> gene heskett posted on Sat, 22 Jan 2011 16:08:48 -0500 as excerpted:
> > 2 questions actually...

[huge snip]
> > Secondarily, since the last update, I only have a right click menu for
> > desktop settings on the first workspace.  No reaction to a right click
> > on any other workspace, which of course are black, no background pix.
> >
> > How can this be fixed?
>
> The mouse button on desktop actions are configurable now, per desktop.
> Click on the toolbox (aka cashew) for each desktop and select desktop
> settings.  In the resulting dialog, select mouse actions on the left,
> and then setup the actions you want.  You can set separate actions for
> left/ middle/right and scroller triggers, with modifiers
> (ctrl/alt/meta/shift) as well if desired, so there's quite a few mouse
> actions available to assign stuff to, if desired.  The "standard menu"
> action is the traditional context menu, so that's what you'll probably
> want to assign to the (unmodified) right button.  AFAIK that's
> /supposed/ to be the default, but with 4.5, there's a bug and the
> default only gets assigned to the first one.  You have to assign it to
> the others yourself.  With 4.6 hopefully that bug is fixed, tho I
> hope/expect that it'll leave the setting alone if someone's already
> customized it.

And therein is part of the problem, that upper right corner cashew is only
present on workspace 1, the other 9 are missing.  So can we start out by
exploring how to restore it to all workspaces?

Thanks again.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)