printer not accepting jobs

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 21 22:24:10 GMT 2011

[Canon MF4370dn directly on ethernet and using proprietary Canon v2.1
CNCUPSMF-4390ZK.ppd driver.]

This results from attempting to print an image from gwenview-1.4.2-134.3 on
openSUSE 11.2 (and gwenview-4.5.95-1.1 on 11.4). That results from a printer
data error when the system tries to send the job to the printer. After
deleting the job in KJobViewer and cycling the printer's power, it remains
disabled. If I try to go into KMenu to use the Cups menu selection, it never
opens, and I have to log out and back in again to make the bouncing cursor
program startup indicator go away. In KJobViewer, I can find no way to make
the printer accept jobs again. I'm forced to go into YaST2 and edit the
printer's settings, an extremely lengthy process, in order to get jobs
accepted again. Once that's done, printing a test page from YaST2 works fine,
and so does printing the same image from Kwickshow.

1-How do I reenable printer accepting jobs without starting all over in YaST2?

2-What can be done to get GwenView to print in 11.2/KDE3?
--
"How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose
understanding rather than silver." Proverbs 16:16 NKJV

  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/