inotifywait -m -e close --format %f

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Jan 17 22:27:00 GMT 2011

Greetings;

Is there a way I can mate an output from the above command line, watching
/var/spool/mail, to trigger a 'check mail' function in the recent kmail?

This is a case of not needing the text output, but just the occurrence of
the output, used as an interrupt to kmail.  This would synchronize kmail
with the activities of fetchmail and procmail/SA so I see incoming mail
several minutes quicker.

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene