Sound guru needed

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 23 10:40:03 GMT 2011

On Tuesday 22 February 2011 19:42:22 Wouter Van Meir wrote:
> What distribution do you use?
> I had pulseaudio on kubuntu 10.10 but disabled it months ago, and
> everything  is still working (better than before, pulseaudio and me never
> got along).
>
> This is how it goes (If I didn't forget anything):
> # apt-get remove pulseaudio
>
> after that it falls back to alsa
>
> For stuff that's using gstreamer, like clementine, you need to have an
> alsa  plugin, ofcourse:
> # apt-get install gstreamer0.10-alsa
> # apt-get remove gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio
>
> just check what doesn't work yet and why, or report back:)

I was wondering if that was the way to go.  It will be another week or so
before I get chance to try the device again, but I'll let you know how it
goes.

I can understand the logic behind pulseaudio, but at the moment I don't think
it is of great benefit to me.  I can always reinstall it if I think I need to.

Anne