Cannot configure processor speed in KDE 4.6

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 09:11:30 GMT 2011

The new KDE 4.6 power management applications do not have provision
for adjusting the CPU speed. Because I am using a ~/.kde that was used
in KDE 4.5 on a laptop, I am now stuck with the CPU of this KDE 4.6
desktop machine running at 1000 MHz, instead of it's native 2.7 MHz. I
considered wiping to a new ~/.kde but I just have too many
customisations in almost every KDE app to start over afresh.

How can I set the CPU speed in KDE 4.6?

Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen