How to make panel automatically adjust to screen size?

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 01:16:24 GMT 2011

Hi,

I have a laptop with a 1280x800 display, but when I'm at home I use an
external 1920x1200 monitor.
Is there any way to make my panel automatically adjust to the screen size?

With KDE-4.5.5 I got the following behaviour:
- Panel automatically resised when screen was too small (e.g. when I
started KDE after disabling the external monitor)
- Panel remained small, if it was smaller than screen.

With KDE-4.6 I get the following behaviour:
- Panel is no longer shrinked if panel-size > monitor.
This makes it quite uncomfortable to work with, e.g. when using the
laptop's builtin display I systray is outside the visible area.

Any ideas howto solve the tiresome problem?

Thank you in advance, Clemens