Desktop Sharing popup

Martin Bednár serafean at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 20:38:15 BST 2011

Le Tuesday 30 of August 2011 18:14:44 Michael D. Berger a écrit :
> On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 16:40:56 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:

> >> [...]
> >>
> >> The box is a laptop with newly installed CentOS 6, and is not
> >> connected
> >> to anything when the problem appears.  In any case, I followed the
> >> link
> >> you provided, and solved the problem using the system tray.
> >
> > Turning off notifications?   Just asking, for the sake of the archives
> > and others that search for solutions :-)
> >
> > Anne
>
> [...]
>
> Is there something important that I might miss?  I note that
> I use a very strong iptables that logs and drops anything I
> don't understand (which includes many things) and I have no
> plans for desktop sharing.  I found the useless pop-ups to
> be a nuisance.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Mike.

Hi,

A wild thought : is there any chance that it's your own computer that is
trying to make you connect to it? Just try blocking anything to localhost, and
you'll be set (don't forget to unblock afterwards it though, as it would
result in very weird behaviour).

Simply quitting/uninstalling KRDC might do the trick too.

Martin