I just noticed: no more crashes! Thanks, KDE team!

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Tue Aug 2 23:47:14 BST 2011

Dotan Cohen writes:

> I was going through some old bookmarks when I found this post:
> http://gkiagia.wordpress.com/2009/08/19/installing-debug-symbol-packages-f
> rom-drkonqi/
>
> I then realized that I don't remember seeing any KDE applications
> crash in KDE 4.6 or now in 4.7. In fact, it's been so long since I
> remember seeing Dr. Konki that KDE 4.5 probably didn't crash anything,
> either.

I see it every day. I'm on 4.7 now, and things seem to be a little better
now. But still, Kontact (mostly because of Akregator) crashes daily here.
Some kde4init stuff always crashes short after login, but it does not seem
to matter much. Dolphin crashed today without apparent cause, which is
somewhat annoying because in this case all instances crash, and always have
two Dolphins with a total of six views. And right now one Dophin is acting
weird, one panel does not update when I scroll or select stuff. Another one
showed an empty directory, I need to press F5 to see its contents. But at
least some weird drag&drop problem seems to be solved, files got marked
afterwards as if the mouse button was pressed.

Oh, and the Amarok constantly uses 70% or one of my two cores. But it
doesn't crash :)

> So the time to express appreciation for the KDe and Plasma devs. You
> guys are doing tremendous work and I thank you for that!

Indeed. Despite my constant ranting here, it's free after all, and it's
great so many people dedicate their time to this project.

	Wonko