Fade In\Out effect when text changed

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Fri Apr 15 17:40:17 BST 2011

On 04/15/2011 05:35 PM, Дима wrote:
> When text changed (on QLabel or QComboBox, or something else) KDE apply
> fade in\out effect
> You can see this effect in System Settings -> Desktop Effects while
> scrolling on the "Effect for window switching" ComboBox, for example.
> So, my questiion is how I can disable this effect?
> This effect is VERY slow (if you change text on about 50 QLabel's on
> Qt's wheelEvent())!!!

This is done by the Oxygen Qt style. The configuration options are not
available from System Settings (I've no idea why.) To get to them, run
"oxygen-settings" from a terminal. The settings you're looking for are
in the "Animations" tab. I think the settings you're looking for are
"Label transitions" and "Combo box transitions". Click the "i" button to
get help on what each option does.