KDE Quality (problems)

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Thu Apr 14 14:34:47 BST 2011

On 04/14/2011 08:20 AM, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I suppose we all have our favorite parts of KDE. For me it's Quanta. For
>> whatever reason the devs at wherever have pretty much decided it was not
>> worth the effort to bring it along with KDE 4.x. There is one person
>> trying to bring it along and I hope someday he manages to do it.
> No offense, but why at all should Qanta be part of a Desktop Environment?
> I like Quanta, but what makes it worthwile to integrate it tightly into a DE?

Just for openers, it's about the best webpage editor around for any
operating system.

I can't speak for anyone else but I spend about eight to ten hours a day
working on web pages. Nothing fancy, genealogy and history pages.
Quanta, even in it's crippled stated, is head and shoulders above
anything else. When it was whole, it was awesome.

As I said before, we all have our favorite "parts." That may not be a
"must have" for a lot of people but for those that need

>> Kopete is meant to be replaced by telepathy (which is in early development)
> So I suppose a KDE frontend will be developed by the KDE project.
> Which has to be maintained again, same situation but different program.
>
> - Clemens