4.6.2 early report

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Apr 8 05:52:10 BST 2011

On Friday, April 08, 2011 12:42:20 AM phanisvara das did opine:

> On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 09:20:06 +0530, gene heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com>
wrote:

> > Well, based on a nothing to lose theme, I nuked the whole ~/.kde4
> > tree, logged out and back in.  But I still had 10 workspaces when I
> > logged back in, which is puzzle #1.  It should have defaulted to 4 I
> > believe.
>
> i believe that info. is cached somewhere outside the ~/.kde4 tree
>
> > Puzzle #2 then was solved by amanda, restoring the .kde4/share/config
> > files for the most used stuff, so kmail seems fully recovered for the
> > most part.
> >
> > I now have a cashew on all screens, but all are running the same
> > background pix slideshow of my choice once that was reset, but I
> > haven't found where to set that individually again.  Hints welcomed.
>
> systemsettings -> workspace behavior -> virtual desktops: check
> "different widgets for each desktop"

Got it, looks like this workspace now has a system default background
image.  Thanks.  I couldn't do that without the cashews.

> > But, the windows top, blue bar is still blank, and full width right
> > clicks to the move to a different workspace menu.  However, I did
> > just note that this menu does _now_ include a "close" action item,
> > which was not there before.
>
> i still believe that may be theme or style related. did you try changing
> that (systemsettings)

Yes, several times before I took the nuke option to ~/.kde4, with little or
no effect, eveything seemd to be stuck with the same color schemes, yadda,
yadda.  I don't know if this is true now, and its about time for this old
fart to sign off for the night, I'm taking some sort of high-priced stuff
for pneumonia for the next 10 days.  At 76+, and diabetic, my warranty long
since expired, but I haven't, yet...

Thanks again.

--
Cheers, Gene