Firefox going awol for a while

kde at mail.kde.org kde at mail.kde.org
Thu Apr 7 10:12:18 BST 2011

This is a bit similar to the spell check problem on kmail only much shorter
duration. Basically

10 to 12 active tabs and I open a fresh window from one of those from time to
time. May also open tabs in that. Then close it and go back to the main one.
;-) works for me. The main window has been up for 14hrs but don't think that
has anything to do with it.

Several times while using firefox in this way it hangs for maybe a min or more
and then decides to catch up.

I have also had a black screen for a few seconds on several occasions while
using various apps.

Are these related to power save by any chance? I have used pc for a long time
so always disable them. I might spend many mins reading and thinking about
something or the other and the start up time gets annoying. A  desktop power
save button to activate it would be far more suitable.

holp - it was working a few secs ago - spell check not here again. was a few
seconds ago - UNDERLINING WORDS WHILE I TYPED THEM RATHER THAN WAITING FOR THE
END
Notice all caps also goes further across the page.

Regards
John
OpenSuse 11.4 KDE 4.6.0 release 6