dolphin: How to prevent from spawning kio_thumbnail prpocesses?

Alexander Puchmayr alexander.puchmayr at linznet.at
Mon Sep 6 18:39:58 BST 2010

Hi there!

IMHO its a very bad habbit of dolphin to create previews of all video-files it
can find. Insert a cdrom with some avi-file, copy it to hdd and wait how some
kio_thumbnail eats up nearly all your memory  and keeps the cdrom drive locked
although the copy process is already done.

The settings dialog of dolphin has preview for videos turned off, and I can't
find any other suitable dialog box to turn this off.

For now, the only way to eject my cdrom drive is to kill the proper
kdeinit/kio_thumbnail process.

Any ideas?

Greetings,
	Alex