KDE4 desktop or panel shortcuts

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 6 19:21:22 BST 2010

On Monday 06 Sep 2010 15:42:27 Gere Kiss Zsolt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used KDE3 some time ago, and now trying to get some basic services with
> KDE4.
>
> How can you create application shortcuts on the desktop, or on the panel?
>
>     This is also a question in the KDE FAQ (for the panel), but I can't
> find my way with the answer. It says:
>     "There are several ways to add an application to the panel, of which
> the easiest is to right-click on the panel, and from the context menu
> which appears, select Panel Menu->Add to Panel->Application Button and
> then the application for which you want to add a link."
>    Good. I right-clicked on the panel, and in the context menu there is no
> "Add to Panel".

Are you using the Classic Menu?  The options Add to Panel and Add to Desktop
are not in the Classic Menu, but they are in Kicker.  Did you find those
instructions on UserBase?  If so, please point me to the page.  It sounds as
though there is a mistake there.  You should be told to open Kicker,  and
right-click on the application there.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group