KRFB before login

Wouter Van Meir wouter.vanmeir at pandora.be
Mon Oct 25 13:32:14 BST 2010

Hi,

You could use x11vnc as VNC server. It's very easy to set up and can be
started from console/over telnet/ssh. x11vnc shares your current desktop, just
like krfb does.

After reading your mail again: I don't think x11vnc can login for you, but
Xvnc (the Xorg VNC server) can do this. Xvnc is a lot harder to set up though.
There are guides online on how to do this for different distributions.
I think tightvncserver and TigerVNC server could also be used.

KRDC can of course be used as client.

Hope this helps,
Wouter