QuickLauncher widget grid layout?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Oct 14 20:10:56 BST 2010

Jerome Yuzyk posted on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:13:53 -0600 as excerpted:

> I'm a fan of the QuickLauncher on my main panel. However, it appears
> that the KDE 4 version (4.4.5 in Fedora 13) displays icons in a line
> instead of a grid. Is this going to be fixed to match the KDE 3 version?

At least in 4.5.2 (I'm a keyboard shortcut fan myself, so don't use the
quicklauncher so can test my current installation but don't know how long
it has been this way), the quicklaunch settings (as usual, context-click
the plasmoid) contain a max row count, which can be forced if desired.
The number of individual app launchers configured would then determine the
number of columns, while the available space given the row config
determines the size of the icons.