Kommander for KDE4.x ?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Oct 9 10:47:12 BST 2010

On Saturday, 2010-10-09, Duncan wrote:
> Bogus Zaba posted on Fri, 08 Oct 2010 19:11:41 +0100 as excerpted:
> > I have finally converted all my machines to KDE 4 now (4.4.3, as
> > provided by Slackware 13.1). I find that I am missing something akin to
> > Kommander which I used to write short little utility scripts which can
> > use the KDE gui. Is there any equivalent which I could use now ? - I
> > understand that a KDE 4 - compatible version of Kommander (using dbus
> > rather than DCOP) is being worked on, but I do not think release is
> > imminent.
>
> FWIW, kdialog is still around, tho I'm not sure how powerful it is
> compared to kommander, as I've only occasionally used the former and only
> read about the latter.

These two are unfortunatly not comparable. Kommander is actually two tools,
one for creating "scripts" and one for executing them.
The creator part is almost like an IDE (actually a fork of some sort of Qt
designer).

Unfortunately I don't know about the current state of Kommander at all :(
One of the Google Summer of Code students for KDE this year has been working
on Quanta+ which is actually the reason Kommander got written.
But, again, I don't know whether this included work on Kommander.

You could check the archives of the Quanta+ user mailinglist [1] or ask on
that list if you can't find any info.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring