constant icon corruption on panel

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Sat Nov 13 17:47:45 GMT 2010

On Saturday, November 13, 2010 05:19:15 am phanisvara das
<listmail at phanisvara.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 05:48:28 +0530, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> wrote:
> >  Of course, after
> >
> > toggling the clock option to force the redraw, I immediately toggle it
> > again, to my preferred setting (both second-hand and tz display off),
> > but it's the forced repaint of the initial toggle that clears up the
> > issue for
> > me.
>
> i've experienced this too, but not with all themes. when it happens to
> me it's enough to open the analog clock settings and save them again
> (without any changes) to force the re-draw. if it's the same with you,
> that would save you one open-and-close cycle...

I tried that but the re-drawn image is the same - usually the minute hand
clears up but the hour hand remains mashed up until something sets it right
again - I have no idea what that something is. However, I have a guess that
it's ksnapshot and kgrab that are causing the problem - I use them (kgrab
now) every morning.