Scrollbar uses button background colour. Can the user override this (by editing a config file by hand)?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Mon Nov 1 18:51:12 GMT 2010

Dotan Cohen posted on Mon, 01 Nov 2010 19:29:23 +0200 as excerpted:

> Due to scrollbars on KDE being very difficult to see, I have been
> changing the button background colour so that I could see the
> scrollbars. However, this has to obvious disadvantage that I am looking
> at prominent, ugly buttons! Is there some way to override the
> scrollbars' use of the button background colour? Thanks.

Depending partially on the widget style you've chosen, you may be able to
get better results by playing with the shading contrast slider under
colors, options.

Also, under widget style, at least Oxygen has a configure button.
Pressing it gives you a dialog with several tabs, including scrollbars.
Try playing with the options there, draw scrollbar bevel, and colorful
hovered scrollbars.

This is with kde 4.5.x, with both styles and colors in kcontrol, common
appearance, app appearance.